Economist with more than 15 years of experience in regulatory, financial, digital issues, as well as in the renegotiation of public-private partnership contracts.
I specialize in providing regulatory-economic advice on issues of utilities regulation, which includes benchmarking, review of tariff procedures, comments on regulatory projects. I also provide advice on various aspects related to the proposals and renegotiation of public-private partnership contracts.
Specialized in providing advice on financial issues, such as company valuation, cost of capital and economic impacts of regulatory projects.
I served as General Director of Communications Politics and Regulation and also as General Director of Regulation and International Communications Affairs at the Ministry of Transport and Communications (MTC). Additionally, I served as Head of Regulation at Supervisory Board for Investment in Public Transport Infrastructure (OSITRAN) and as an official of OSIPTEL. I have also provided consultancies to the Ministry of Housing, Construction and Sanitation and The National Superintendence of Sanitation Services SUNASS.
When I worked at the MTC I achieved two certifications of Good Public Management Practices in 2021: 5G Networks – Listening to all the actors and; Simplify to Connect. Likewise, I led the management team to implement a digital transformation process to accelerate environmental certifications, which was recognized by obtaining second place in the Internal Innovation Challenge Contest at MTC.
I currently work as a postgraduate professor at the following universities: University, San Martin de Porres, University César Vallejo and University Continental.
- General Director of Policies and Regulation in Communications – MTC (2019-2021)
- General Director of Regulation and international Affairs in Communications – MTC (2018-2019)
- Head of Regulation – OSITRAN (2015-2017)
- Official of the Management of regulatory policies and competence. (2007-2015)
- ESAN University, Master of Business Administration, 2010
- ESAN University, Specialization in Finance, 2010
- Pontifical Catholic University of Peru, Degree in economics.
- Advanced Regulation, ITU 2021.
- Specialization Course in Arbitration, PUCP 2021
- Digital Government, IDB 2021
- Digital Transformation in companies, Pontifical Xavierian University, 2021
- III Course on Competition Policies and Intellectual Property, INDECOPI 2001
- Utilities Regulation
- Public-Private partnerships
- Valuation of companies
- Transport infrastructure
- Cost of Capital
“From the Regulatory Sandboxes and other means (demons) to grow internet access in Peru”. (“De los Sandbox Regulatorios y otros medios (demonios) de crecer el acceso a internet en el Perú”). Co-author. Administrative Law Magazine N° 20. PUCP.
“Impact of internet access on economic growth in Peru: An ARDL approach”. (“Impacto del acceso a internet en el crecimiento económico del Perú: Un enfoque ARDL”). Co-author. Working Paper No. 02. February 2021. MTC.
“Economic impact of internet access in Peruvian homes”. (“Impacto económico del acceso a internet en los hogares peruanos”). Co-author. Working Paper No. 01. November 2020. MTC.
“Radio spectrum management strategies: Towards the development of new technologies and digital services. Compendium.” (“Estrategias de gestión de espectro radioeléctrico: Hacia el desarrollo de nuevas tecnologías y servicios digitales. Compendio). Co-author. December 2019. MTC.